#53: MEETING WITH GOD (II)

Psalm 143:8 KJV
Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

Couple of years back, at 5:00am the bell ringer jingles the bell till you wake up. Even if you are lost in non- rapid eye movement slow wave sleep, the stroke of cane administered by the house master will wake you up.

We just had to stay awake. Most times, we just open the Bible and place our quiet time notes in front of us and sleep off. Also, we could just put our head between our knees on the bed and pretend to be praying; then sleep off. Other times, we genuinely wanted to have an Alone time with God, but yet we sleep off. Even when you doze off, you try to remain sensitive to the environment; such that when you perceive that the house master is coming around for his routine check, you start mumbling words as though you were praying. When ever it was time to check our quiet time notes, we just copy from the devotionals or the Bible just to keep our notes up to date.

Even though we mostly pretended, unconsciously the fact that we had to wake up to meet with God in the Morning was being deposited in us. It was until my senior year that I started seeing the need to genuinely meet with God.

Last week, we saw how we could get so occupied that we fail to have an Alone time with God. Today, we still lay emphasis on that. You have to select a favourable time to meet with the Lord. It's preferable in the morning; before the activities of the day choke up all the time you have.

Psalm 5:3 KJV
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord ; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

Meeting with God in the morning gives us direction for the day and we get to grow in Him.

Mark 1:35 KJV
And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.

ACTION POINT: let's try and apply planning and discipline as we show our love for God by meeting with him daily. It's essential for our growth as Christians.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#126: The Story behind the Hymn I: When Peace, Like a River

#152: FIRE

#147: THE FORGOTTEN ONE'S 1