#05: VICTORY OVER SIN

…and I will dwell in Your Presence now and forever more. Amen. Psalms 23:6 

This was a simple, yet necessary cry from the heart of the psalmist-David. One would ask why this proposition, but God in the light of His Word is bringing illumination to the matter.

I have thought much about Your Words and stored them in my heart so that they would hold me back from sin. Psalm 119:11
The psalmist would only for certain have got the Word of God [even so much in excess to store in his heart] in the presence of God. Practically, I have noticed that when I am in the gathering of brethren, no evil thought comes nigh, but in my secret-quiet place, I begin to craft out evil. This may be a true story for you too. I believe it was the same for the psalmist, and so he was not just satisfied with feeling the presence of God momentarily (in the gathering of brethren). He felt the only way out of the strong hold of sin was dwelling in the presence of God. So closing of fellowship should not mean “good bye God; till next weekend”. Everywhere I go, I should be in the presence of God, for it is there that He speaks continuously, and by storing and taking heed to God’s Word, I will not sin. Now how does this “presence” magic work? 

But You are holy, who inhabit the praises of Israel. Psalms 22:3
Hallelujah! It is wonderful to know that God lives and dwells in the praises of His people. If my words, if my actions can be to continuously give praise to God, then His presence is not far-fetched, and where His presence is, His Word is nearby and within reach. Finally, where His Word is, victory over sin is sure. Hallelujah!

The song writer says:
In Your presence, that is where I am strong
That is where I belong
Seeking Your face, touching Your grace
I want to go where the rivers cannot overflow me
Where my feet are on the Rock
I want to hide where the blazing fires cannot touch me-in Your presence O God

The cycle continues:
You praise----He dwells----He speaks---- the victory is won----You praise----He dwells…

HAPPY SUNDAY

written by DiDi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#126: The Story behind the Hymn I: When Peace, Like a River

#152: FIRE

#147: THE FORGOTTEN ONE'S 1