#06: HOPE!



… when these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your head, because your redemption is drawing nearer. Luke 21:28 (NKJV)

The preceding verses to this verse were describing the series of events that would occur before the coming of the Son of God. From vs.26 the events described look very disheartening, it will look as if it is finished. As a Christian waiting for the second coming of Christ, you may want to give in because of the pressures on every side, yet Christ ended this message of “despair” with a hope-“your redemption is drawing nearer”, this brings to heart first that it is not a time to give up, but to hold fast with our heads up.

The evil one is very strategic in his evil plans, and that is why as a Christian, you have to be very vigilant. You should keep saying “God could not have brought me this far to leave me alone”. Usually, these are points when your salvation is nearer. Imagine a time to give up. Something that if narrated is very pathetic and non-correlating, yet it happens every day.

For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. Romans 8:19.
God usually passes His children through such times so that at the end of it all, there will be only one conclusion-it was the LORD! If it were not the LORD who was on his side…
This should be a challenge to us. It holds therefore that we have to determine in our hearts that nothing can separate us from the love of God. Nothing can discourage. “Though the world around me crumbles, though the trees do not blossom, I remember where my hope lies-if He can care about the sparrows, I know He will not forget me.” These should fill our thoughts.
If only we knew the master plan of God; this is why we have to trust and obey. He is always watching over us, keeping us, and restoring us. We should be willing to be channels through whom God’s glory will be manifested through victory testimonies. Abraham the patriarch knew his present situation was real, he also knew that God was real. He instead held on to God, because he knew God determines his end. God’s plans for us is to prosper. He is faithful. He is with us in the fire and the storm. This is beyond mere human understanding. It is too much for us to comprehend, because God is sovereign over us. He is wisdom unimaginable, who can understand His ways? What the enemy means for evil, He turns it for our good. Hallelujah!

REFLECTION: LORD, I am sorry for not seeing things your way. Keep my eyes to look steadfast to you. Thank you for making me know today that You change not. Make me have this assurance daily that “my redeemer lives!”. Help me to know each time I want to give up on my faith in you that my salvation is nearer than ever before. Amen!

FURTHER READING: Psalms 17:6-8; 116:2; Job 19:25; Rom 13:11.

HAPPY SUNDAY

written by DiDi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#126: The Story behind the Hymn I: When Peace, Like a River

#152: FIRE

#147: THE FORGOTTEN ONE'S 1