#66: I AM, therefore you are!

Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” God said to Moses, “I Am Who I Am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I Am has sent me to you.’” Exodus 3:13&14

Sequel to the last episode of our devotional a week ago, Moses was now ready to be encountered by God after that he had come to the wit-end of his abilities. When God wanted to reveal Himself to Moses, He used a rather strange name. Nevertheless, it is custom for God not to be careless in naming ceremonies. Why then would God introduce Himself as I AM?

A couple of weeks ago i was viewing a program on TBN and in their interludes, they kept repeating this advertisement or would i say, message: "I AM, therefore you are! That message struck me in my spirit. I began to understand why the name answered Moses' question of who God is.

"Those who know your name put their trust in you...” Psalms 9:10a

Before now, Moses was at the verge of delivering the Israelites in his strength and wisdom, but he was using this method because he did not know that there is a God. God told him, "I AM, (but you have been ignoring me, you have been behaving as if I do not exist, how were you going to succeed in your endeavors?) After this encounter, everything about Moses changed, he was always conscious of God's presence, he ended up being the only man to see the Glory of God pass before him. This sunk into Moses' subconscious that when he was about to write the history of the world, he saw no better way than to write: In the beginning, God...

I AM signified that God is everlasting. While we can use past tense with people, because they existed once upon a time, God is the same. He is not limited with time (John 8:58). Some of us live our lives as if God does not exist. If we knew God existed, our personal altar would always be burning, our every step would have one prerequisite-the existence of God [YOU ARE, therefore I am].

Thought: ...because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists...Heb 11:6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#126: The Story behind the Hymn I: When Peace, Like a River

#152: FIRE

#147: THE FORGOTTEN ONE'S 1