#14: MAXIMISING THE ENCOUNTER

What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked him. “Teacher,” the blind man answered, “I want to see again.” Mark 10:51

Last week, God was showing us practically how we can experience Him. This week, He is taking us further through this very dramatic story of the blind man that He healed by the way side. The way that this blind man, just like everybody that ever had a recorded encounter with God got his is similar to that of Moses and his burning bush experience. Jesus was passing by [just as Jesus has always been passing by in our daily devotion periods, in our several churches during service and bible studies and prayer meeting]; unfortunately and sad enough, Jesus passes by and never gets noticed by us most of the time. The blind man would have no rest till he cried OUT. This is the first issue that God wants to point to us from this experience. Many a times, we cry, but we cry to ourselves, but God is challenging us from this passage to cry OUT and catch Jesus’ attention as He passes by once more, maybe by this devotional or some other means.

It was when Jesus noticed his sincerity that He stopped and called for Him. This was the peak of the encounter. Funny enough when the blind man came nigh, the most shocking question I thought would arise is what our Lord brought up. He asked the blind man, “What can I do for you?” Was it not obvious that he needed his sight? Beloved, that is where we usually minimize the effects of our encounters. When God has finally had your audience, there is always a silent salient question hovering around the encounter-“what would you have me do for you?” The answer to this question would determine how earnestly you desire a change that incidentally led you to His presence. Had it been the blind man misanswered the question, oh, you can but imagine; and most times when we have engaged God, we fail to come up straight, we fail to hit the hammer on the nail. God is challenging us today that indeed all our problems will be solved, if you tell it to Jesus, even at the hour of our encounter with Him.

Resolve: Father, thank you for your Word today, I am sorry for always assuming that you know everything about me, but I can see today that, even though you indeed know everything about me, you still want me to relay them to you. Lord, as I relay them now at Your feet, change my situation for good. Amen.

Written by DiDi

Happy Sunday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#126: The Story behind the Hymn I: When Peace, Like a River

#152: FIRE

#147: THE FORGOTTEN ONE'S 1