#88: Weakness

Text: Heb. 11:34

"Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens."

Today's topic is one I love sharing. It's my story. It about me and also something we all can relate to. Weakness!

In my journey in life in Christ Jesus, I have come to discover times of ups and downs. Times when I feel like I can conquer the world and times I am not so much better than a baby needing care.

Moments when the New creation in Christ Jesus has full expression in me and moments when it doesn't. Times when I can't imagine the taught of sin and times when I just can't do without looking the other way.
Found out that in those low moments (times of weakness), there's normally a fight between my spirit and body for my soul. This doesn't mean I've lost my salvation. No!! Most times, I find my body winning this war; making me do things that go against my New Nature in Christ Jesus(1 Cor 12:7).
These are moments of weaknesses. Moments when the natural man shows himself above the New Man in Christ. These moment come from different circumstances that come our way. They can also come when we stop relying on the strength of God, delibrately or indelibrately. Over the time God had helped us stand and we become so carried away that we forget to rely delibrately on His Grace and Mercy daily. In those times, always remember 1 Cor. 1:25 which says,

"Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men."

I have discovered over time and through the Word that God's way out is what Apostle Paul said in 2 Cor. 12:9 (EasyEnglish). It says,

"But, He said to me: 'I myself will help you and I will make you strong. I am everything that you need. When you are weak, then I will
be powerful in you. Then I will show more completely how powerful I myself am.' So, I am very happy to speak about how weak I am. When I am weak, then Christ's power stays over me".

This means that in my times of weakness, I should be happy to let God take over. Don't fight this with your heart or head but rely solely on the grace of God to see you through. By doing this, you derive the peace of God. Vs 10. says,

"Wherefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in injuries, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

Glory!

So in times of weakness, rely on God by prayer, worship and praise. Be still and let God be God. He never let's His Word fall to the ground. From our text we discover these moments come to only make us stronger to be able to fight the good fight of faith.

Song

"All I Have To Give - Mali Music"

[Verse 1:]
Lord if I could buy you a gift to show you my love, tell you how I feel.
It wouldn't matter what I'd have to give. I would find a way to get it for you.
But fortunately that's not the case and we both know I don't have bank anyway.
But I won't let it affect my presentation to you 'cause this is what I bring...

[Chorus:]
Here is my heart, my mind, Lord here's my life, my everything. Take it. It's yours oh Lord.

[Verse 2:]
I'll give you my all, my everything, every song that I write,
Every song that I sing, every day of my life, every breath that I breathe,
You gave to me and Lord I rededicate it right back to you. Love of my life, so faithful, so true.
I get goosebumps just thinking about you and there's nothing I will not do for you so.

Prayer point: Father take my heart and and will and help me trust you to take care of me in my times of weakness! Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#126: The Story behind the Hymn I: When Peace, Like a River

#152: FIRE

#147: THE FORGOTTEN ONE'S 1